Never underestimate the importance of curb appeal. An attractive, well-maintained home will generally sell faster and for a higher price than a similar home that’s outdated.
Here are some of the things that you’ll need to think about when reviewing your home’s exterior. It may need repairs and updates to sell for top dollar.
- Keep the lawn mowed and shrubs trimmed.
- Remove dead tree limbs and other yard debris.
- Plant fresh shrubs and flowers.
- Arrange outdoor items neatly and put away lawn equipment.
- Check siding, trim and doors – especially the front door – for dirt and peeling paint.
- Check your fence.
- Check loose or damaged roof shingles or flashing.
- Clean and repair broken windows or screens.
- Clean gutters and downspouts.
- Wash the driveway and sidewalk.
- Clean and neatly arrange the garage or shed.
- Make sure the gas grill is clean.
- Make sure the entry light and doorbell work.
If you find that a repair is needed on anything listed, fix the entire defect so it will not cause a distraction.